COURSE No- VI
VI C B-134 NY
KERALA TRADITION OF NYAYASASTRA(Choice Based Course)
No. of Credits: 4
Aim of the Course:
To create awareness about the development of Nyaya tradition in Kerala and the contribution of Kerala to Indian Logical thought.
Objectives of the Course:
1. To make general understanding of the main aspects of Indian Logic and its influence in other systems of Indian philosophy.
2. To familiarize the students with the contribution of Kerala to Indian Logic.
3. To introduce Nyayasastra as a Pramanasastra.
to the origin and development of Logical thinking in
Development of Nyayasastra as a Pramanasastras.
Contribution of Kerala to Indian Logic.
Importance of Navya Nyaya and its application- Some examples.
Tarkasara of Anantanarayana Sastri
1. A History of Indian Logic- Satish Chandra Vidyabhushan.
2. Introduction of Subhodhini- Rama Varma Pariksit Thampuran
3. The Contribution of Sanskrit Literature, Kunjunni Raja K. University of Madras, 1980.
4. Sanskrit Tradition of Tripunithura, Neelandan C.M, Ed., by Kurup K.K.M, Central Heritage Studies, Hill Palace, Thrippunithura, 2009.
Internal Assessment: One credit as recommended by the
council for higher education- 20 marks
Attendance – 5, Test paper-10, Assignment /Seminar-5
End semester Examination- (3 credits) - 80 marks
Marks No of Total Marks
Objective type questions 1 10 10
Short answer questions 2 8 out of 12 16
Short essays/ Annotations 4 6 out of 9 24
Essays 15 2 out of 4 30
- Teacher: Saritha firstname.lastname@example.org