Theoretical Orientations in Sociological Analysis is offered to MPhil programme from 2020 admission onwards.
- Have in-depth knowledge of major theoretical orientations in sociology
- Have deeper insights into the sociological theories and establish their connections between classical and contemporary theorising.
- Critically understand the different levels of sociological analysis and their interrelations.
- Able to understand the Marxist theoretical traditions in studying class society and Indian social structure.
- Evaluate the post-structuralist and feminist theories in the practice of sociological analysis.
- Teacher: Dr. Biju Vincent