IVB-114NY NYAYASUTRA(Chapter I and II)
No. of Credits: 4
No of Contact hours: 90
Aim of the Course:
To enable the students to understand the main principles of Nyayasastra.
Objectives of the Course:
(1) To acquire awareness of Nyaya philosophy
(2) To enable he students to understand the methods of Nyaya philosophy.
Introduction to Nyaysastra. Founder, his date, place etc.. Commentaries on Nyayasutra, the methods used for the arrangement of the topics.
Categories of Nyaya philosophy
Theories of knowledge accepted by Nyaya philosophy
Definition of prameyas in Nyaya philosophy.
Nyayasutra of Gautama with Vatsyayana Bhashya
1. A History of Indian Logic, Sri Dr. S.C Vidyabhushana
2. Indian Philosophy, Dr. S Radhakrishnan
3. History of Indian Philosophy, S.N. Dasgupta
4. Nyayabhashya of Vatsyayana
Internal Assessment: One credit as recommended
council for higher education- 20 marks
Attendance – 5, Test paper-10, Assignment /Seminar-5
End semester Examination- (3 credits) - 80 marks
Marks No of Total Marks
Objective type questions 1 10 10
Short answer questions 2 8 out of 12 16
Short essays/ Annotations 4 6 out of 9 24
Essays 15 2 out of 4 30
- Teacher: Renuka firstname.lastname@example.org