course learning outcomes
- understand the structure and functions of different organs of the body
- understand the basic factors that affect the sports performance
- understand the physiological adaptations to different environments
- understand the and evaluate the physical performance of sports persons
- understand the energy sources during exercise and rest
- understand broadly the role of exercise physiology in preventing sports injuries
- Teacher: Dr. Dhinu M R
- Sport biomechanics is the science of explaining how and why the human body moves in the way that it does. In sport and exercise, that definition is often extended to also consider the interaction between the performer and their equipment and environment.
- Learning Outcome
Describe human movement using appropriate terms and concepts.
Apply biomechanical principles to human locomotion, activities of dailyliving and dynamic sporting skills.
Analyse and interpret correctness of movements of the human body during sport and exercise activities.
Apply biomechanics to establish the equipment requirements in high performance sport, rehabilitation and sport technology applications.
Use the knowledge of Biomechanics to prevent sports related injuries and also to enhance performance in exercise and sports activities.
Comprehend and apply advanced theory based understanding of bio-engineering fundamentals and specialist bodies of knowledge to enhance the performance in sports.
Disseminate the findings of bio mechanical experiments ethically, clearly and succinctly.
- Teacher: Lukose George
Aim:-To introduce the fundamental concept physical Education,health and wellness.
To provide a general understanding on nutrition , first aid and stress manegement.
To femiliarize the students regarding yoga and other activities for developing fitness.
To create awareness regarding hypo-kinetic diseases and various measures of illness and health assesment.