It is a core course offered for first semesterM. A vedanta. It helps the students to understand the derivation of vedic terms.lt also helps to understand the classificatio n of words and the importance of studying vyakarana.
It is a core course for forth semester B. A vedanta.
This course is a concept based exploration into the history,evolution and theories of Indian philosophical systems.
- Teacher: K.Muthulekshmi email@example.com
This course introduces the particular methodology employed in the text representing epistemology and metaphysics of Advatia Vedanta and discusses the epistemological issues faced during the presentation of non-dual wisdom.
It also provides a general outlook of the metaphysical concepts of Advaita and introduces the Navya Nyaya methodology adopted in presenting Advaitic concepts in a logically acceptable manner.
- Teacher: Dr. T.G Sreekumar SSUS
SLA is a work of Appayyadeekshita. It aims to analyze the different concept of post sankara Advaita.
- Teacher: Dr.Nishad T.S firstname.lastname@example.org
An introductory study of one of the ten principal Upanishads " Isavasyopanishad"
- Teacher: Dr.S.Geethamony Amma Amma
VD 134 Ve SREE SANKARA – LIFE AND PHILOSOPHY
Aim – To introduce Śree Śankara and the relevance of his Advaita principles
1. To introduce Śree Śankara’s life, works and philosophy.
2. To familiarize the students with the contributions of Sri Śankara.
Module – I
Origin and development of Advaita Vedanta.
Social and philosophical background during Śree Sankar’s era.
Life of Śree Śankara.
Works of Śree Śankara – Prkaraņagranthas, Stotra granthas, Bhāşya granthas, Tantragranthas.
Philosophy of Śree Śankara- concept of Brahman, Adhyāsa, Māyā, World, Sattātraya, Karma.
Module – IV
Concept of creation, Pramāņas, Mokşa, Śree Śankara – a spiritual revolutionary .
1. Hajim Nakamura, The history of early Vedanta, Motilal Benarasidas Publication, Pvt. Ltd. 1990
2. Aravind Sharma, Advaitavedanta, Motilal Benarasidas Publiction, Pvt. Ltd- 1993
3. Śankaranarayanan S. - Śree Śankara, The Adayar Library and research Centre, Madras- 2001
4. Swami Gyananada Saraswati – Adi Śankara life and philosophy, Neeta Prakashan, Part- I 2006
5. V. Vasanthakumari - Srī Śankara’s Bhasya granthas : A Synthesis of Science and Spirituality – Sukritindra Oriental Research Institute Thammanam, Kochi – 2013.
6. George Victor P – Life and teachings of Adi Śankaracharya, D K Print World (p) Ltd. Delhi-2002.
vedantasara ,written by Sadananda is a prakaranagrantha in advaitavedanta .